Saturday, January 25, 2014

Business Casuals - decoded !

Helloz ..

Thankfully a lot of readers of this blog are in IT so I got to do this post !! Most of the organizations in IT sector and otherwise too , have 'business casuals' as their accepted attire and most of us tend to go towards casual instead of business . This post will get that benefit of doubt out of the picture !

I know lot of you are remembering my huge danglers and love for OTT accesories and raising ur judgmental eyebrows and thinking " She is writing about business casuals ??? huh " . well all I can say is  , I have grown up alright !! (ahem ahem)



So, business casuals are basically office wearable stuff minus the blazers and ties and the mandatory closed shoes.
You can wear

  • skirts - knee length ofcourse !
  • dresses - knee length and  with a cardigan if ur shoulders r too exposed
  • cropped formal trousers - cropped to the ankles please !

  • regular trousers and shirt/top 
So this is business stuff. What makes it casual is that you can wear
  • colored cardigans or skirts or blouses instead of sticking to the standard neutrals

  • Colored accessories like yellow belt or a pink hairband or a blue watch ! 
  • Baubles. this funks up the whole drab formal look :D
  • Peep toes, wedges that dont necessarily have to be black or brown or  leather . 

PS : this doesnt apply to Indian offices where we had the liberty to wear churidars and patialas and that used to get discounted as business casuals. If you are going that route, go easy on the accessories please. I know I never did but I what can I say .. I was lucky ;) 

xoxo :)

1 comment:

  1. loved this post... though my office has casual wear now... but earlier i used to google images for business casual dress...

    ReplyDelete