Saturday, April 5, 2014

Trend Alert !!

They say that when you are afraid of something.. shutting your eyes tight will not make it go away. You have to be brave and face it all !

so here I am, face to face with - cropped tops !!

I could see it coming when I was following LIFW that this is going to be a dare bare summer .. but I conveniently ignored it :) but yesterday, while I was out shopping for one of my upcoming trips .. all I could see were these cropped tops .. very pretty.. very tempting .. equally risky !

 



How to style crop tops ???

I think there are only 2 broad rules :
1. Balance fitted with flowy and also the other way round
2. keep the bottoms high :)

of course there are going to be examples !!
now if you wanna pair a crop top like the first pink floral one above with a pair of fitted high waist shorts or skirt or denims ... you can simply throw over an oversized shrug ...
And if you wanna skip the shrug, pair this one with a high waist skirt in solid color (think olive green, or white or even hot pink)

The second kind of crop top is one of the most commonly worn types because honestly, its more forgiving than the first one :D  This one can be balanced with a pair of shorts or denims.

The third one, since its neither too fitted nor too flowy, will complement a pair of pallazzo pants superbly !

And if you dont exactly look like Rosie Huntington Whitley, I suggest you go the high waist route :p

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment