Saturday, February 15, 2014

Celeb Trend !!

Hi Again !!

One fine Thursday afternoon,  I was all curled up on my sofa with my laptop in front of me , ready for the next fashion post , when I suddenly got a call - "lets go on a vacation!!" and I was like "today? " and the reply was "now!!" .. So the poor fashion post promptly went to the drafts folder and has only come out now to see the light of the day .. I can hear a soft 'finally!' from it :p

The other day, during my regular "research" , I came across an online store that had a pretty black dress for 400 something dollars and I thought I had seen the dress on someone .. and guess what ? Amrita Rao had adorned the same dress at a recent Bollywood event ! Made me wonder - do all B town celebs pick up stuff off the rack ? Answer is NO . Because for some celebs, I looked and looked and then looked some more, but I did not find their gowns and dresses being sold anywhere online. I think the A listed ones get stuff custom made for themselves .. obviously.


So here is a little something that I could find for you all ..

Vani Kapoor
Remember the pretty face from Shudh Desi Romance ? Yeah .. this lovely lady has a very good taste in couture as well. She wore this very pretty Varun Bahl saree at an award function.





This can be bought at Pernia's : http://www.perniaspopupshop.com/designers-1/varun-bahl/varun-bahl-black-and-white-sari-gown-with-applique-work-vbc1013132.html


Amrita Rao

This pretty black and very wearable dress can be bought here :
 http://exclusively.in/apparel/dresses/black-lace-dress-with-beads-4
Its not exactly the same, but a shorter version of it.


Divya Khosla Kumar 
Wondering who she is ? Well she is a yesteryear actress who married some big shot guy and got all the money she needed to make the movie yaariyan .. she has been accompanying the movie actors at all the promotional events, and at one such event, she donned a pretty sabyasachi !
same saree but with very different and, I feel, better colors. 

Spohie Chowdhry  
Not many are a fan .. and I am not one of those many :p I kinda like her ... have u seen her music video "mera babu chail chabeela - remix " .. :D yeah laugh all u want .. but it was a cute video ok.
Anyways .. she happens to be at most of the events and rarely disappoints with her fashion choices. At a recent event, she sported a BCBG gown !
 
Like it ? buy it here :  http://www.bcbg.com/Gracie-Strapless-Peplum-Gown/EXN6Y880-604,default,pd.html?dwvar_EXN6Y880-604_color=604&cgid=dresses-by-category-gowns-evening#start=44

Konkona Sen 
No introductions needed. She is a powerhouse of acting talent but lacks miserably in fashion sense I feel. However, she brought us a pleasant surprise when she chose to dress up in a Rohit Bal anarkali for an event .you can buy it here for a lot of money :p
http://www.indianroots.com/designer/r-z/rohit-bal/womenswear-by-rohit-bal/indigo-chanderi-silk-anarkali-suit-with-tilla-work-38221


Sonakshi Sinha
Sometimes she is good , sometimes she is fat. However, at the recent Zee Cine Awards function, she was both - liked her makeup, disliked her dress. But her spikey hairband managed to get people talking..

This hairband is from one of my most favorite jewelry store - Amrapali ! 
You'll find lot of spikey stuff at this link :p

And who else (besides me ofcourse !!) has been drooling over Dipika Padukone's jhumkas that she wore to Ahna Deol's wedding ? 
I know they look common and can be bought at cheaper prices , specially if you are in India. But in case you want the originals, check out Amrapali jewels .

If you do happen to like what a particular celeb was wearing at any recent event, lemme know in the comments and I will try to find a similar thing for u :D

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment