Sunday, May 11, 2014

Miami - a place to be !

I know I have been MIA since ages now and a lot of you all have complained about it . Honestly, I did not even know that you girls liked the blog so much that it was being missed :) makes me feel really good !! Thank u people (specially Kanchan ! )

So while a lot has been happening around me, one good thing that happened was that I was lucky enough to go on a short and super fun vacation with my gurl gang to Miami and Key West ! It was supposed to be a spinsters party cum vacation coz one of my very close friends is getting married next month !

So obviously it was a summer theme with summer dresses and bright lips. And thats what the post is all about :) 3 lip colors and 2 sun screens ruled the trip.. read on to meet the heroes :D



1. 'Doll' by Nyx
If not for the color, I think I would just pick it up for the name !! This one is a slightly mauve-ish pink and suits Indian skin tones pretty well .. we tried it on multiple skin tones and it worked them all !
This one dries up matte but yeah, it gets transferred to everything that touches your lips :-|
tip : my friend totally recommends trying this out with Soap & Glory Super-Color Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss the ultimate effect :-)

2. 'Smoking Hot Pink' by Wet n Wild
A similar shade to Doll, but slightly more pink is how I would describe it. I think when it comes to Indian skin tones, we do need a hint of blue in our pink lip colors to tone them down a bit.
This has a gloss finish and stays like that. transferable ? Yes.

3. 'Risk it all' by Bare Minerals 
I have done a post on this already when I bought it. All I can say is that, this is the only lip color I have been reaching for sine the day I own it. I just keep varying the intensity based on the shade I want !

Since we were not posing for lip colors, this is the best I could manage ! (PS : this is after a choco frappe each :p )



At the airport, most of ours body sun screens were take away due to quantity limitations, so we had to buy them again. Here is what all of us used : Neutrogena for face and Banana Boat for Body .

There is already a post on the Neutrogena suncreen here and as expected, it did not let us down !
The banana boat one however, did get us tanned a bit. I think thats because it was spf 50. Its very greasy and I dont think its suitable to be worn on a regular basis.. I mean, I definitely wouldn't !! But since we were going to be on the beach, it didn't matter so much .

But we did had to keep reapplying it at every opportunity we got ! Lets just say that we went crazy with it ! lol ! The face one, however .. was just applied once and it stayed put :)

On a completely different note, if you are travelling to Key west .. I totally recommend staying in Parrot key resort even if its just for a day. Its fantastic !! Here is the link : http://www.parrotkeyresort.com/

any summer plans with your besties ? lemme know !

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment