Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Fav Sunscreen !!

Hello People !!

Sorry for such a huge gap between updates .. but I have been very happily busy with something very important !

Oh by the way .. I finally got to play Holi and the event organizers more than made up for the delay by arranging the most fun Holi event right on a beach :D It was one grand affair with DJ and colors and Indian delicacies (I mean food alright!!! lolzzz )

I was obviously very excited about the whole thing, but my only worry was that it was gonna be in the sun on the beach for more than 4 hours .. now that can cause some serious sun damage and tanning. (scares me to no extent ! ) Now I have come to experience that sunscreens only screen your skin from sun damage and not from tanning .. so I was quite prepared to get back home with different shades of brown ..



Now there are some basic facts about sunscreen that we all know ... like :
1. It should be broad spectrum
2. high spf (not very high though )
3. PA +++
4. should be applied half n hr before stepping out into the sun
5. and if it can prevent tanning , nothing like it !

Honestly, if I am made to choose between preventing sun damage and preventing tanning .. I'll choose the latter ! totally silly I know :-|

So, I very generously applied Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunscreen , SPF 70 and got out to play .. At the venue, they tied a small paper band on our wrist (like they do in certain water parks and theme parks in India ) and I had the time of my life for 4 hours ..
You can not imagine my relief when I removed the band and saw no color difference at all !! none. nada :D
I kissed the bottle and started writing the review here :D
Its SPF 70. pretty liquid-y as compared to other sun screens I have tried... they say you can layer it under makeup (um not so sure I would ever do that ) ..
only problem is that it kinda stings my eyes for about a minute after application ..  so I have to hold on before I line my eyes with Kajal .. but obviously I am ready to overlook that for the other amazing benefits this baby brings to the table.

Overall .. this one is going to be my summer buddy for sure.

what about you ? any favorites in this department ?

xoxo :)

PS : you can check out the Holi pics on instagram : http://instagram.com/rushsin

No comments:

Post a Comment