Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pink going on Red !!

Hello People !!

Missed me ?? :D Sorry for being away from the scene for the past few days , I was really caught up with personal stuff .. but um back ! 

Remember the "Currently Craving" list that I published a few days back .. well I did manage to get one of those and am I glad ! Its one of the best makeup products I have in my stash right now :D 

Unveiling the Bare Minerals - Risk It All lip color (I love the name by the way ;) 

Its a bright pink lippy that has red undertones .. looks pink in the sun and red-ish under yellow lights at night .. best of both worlds I say .
But thats not the best part. The best part is that it stays on and on and on and on and then some more !!! 
Trust me ! 

e.g. when I bought it, I put it on in the evening to see how it looks on me.. looked great so I let it be there .. then I had dinner and then I went to brush my teeth at night. And when I looked at the mirror, it was still there ! As it is !
Super happy, I brushed and I could still see a little stain of the lip color left and leaving it like that I went off to sleep and woke up the next morning to these beautiful very light pink lips .. winner !!!!
(for some it might not be, because you absolutely need a makeup remover to completely remove this one) 

This is how it looked when I first applied it around 12 in the afternoon...
(it looked brighter in sun and the guy even commented that he could only see a pair of lips moving around the place as they were too bright to notice anything else .. huh ! )
 

This is what remained after a full day out of eating wraps and sipping coffee and chewing gum ! This must be around 8 PM !











Frankly I do own a Chanel lipstick, but it stands no where in comparison to this one .. and it costs half ! 
And ladies, I havent even mentioned how sleek the packaging is ! Its a very techy lipstick and for once I thought I might have to read a manual on how to open it ! 
You see, its a shiny black bullet which doesnt open in the middle like most of the other ones do .. this one has a button at the very bottom that needs to be pulled down .. now who came up with that ??? As if applying dark color lip color wasnt tricky enough ... huh !


I think the reason this lip color stays on so much is because it dries out matte.. meaning, its very glossy when you apply it but in about 10 mins or so , it will dry out to a matte lip .. wont dry out your lips though (thank god for that ! )

However, since nothing is perfect in this world - this lip color is extremely transferable  :( It will be on everything you touch your lips with (wink, wink)
This is not my cup .. but this is almost how your coffee mug would look like after the lip color gets transferred to it (and I am still trying to figure out if this whole  lip color on coffee mug thing is 'oooooh' or 'eewww' :-| )

So when I was eating food or drinking coffee .. it turned everything pink and I was so sure there would be none left on the lips after this ... but it kinda amazed me :) 

For me - its a thumbs up for Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip color range .. lemme know if you have tried it too :D 

PS : Dont u dare laugh at my silly lip color demonstration selfies .. !! 

xoxo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment