Friday, January 24, 2014

Fashionable Investments !!

Hello again !

Raise your hand if you have been to the "Oh God I have nothing to  wear :( " route . My hand is already up and waving ! :D 

I raked my brains about why do we girls always crib and cry about having nothing to wear when every time we open our closets, a flood of clothes hits our faces ! I think the answer is that we hate repeating what we have worn already ! Well .. if the outfit managed to garner lot of compliments , it might see the light of the day again :p 

Ofcourse all of us have read it at sundry places that new looks can be created with old pieces  etc etc but how many of us actually do that ? Well this is possible only if you 'invest' while you are in stores and not just shop ! (yeah I have 2 wisdom teeth :p )
Whatever you pick, scan your wardrobe mentally and see how many pieces can you pair that outfit with. 


e.g. remember that white and blue striped shirt I showed you in the previous post ? Well, that goes with a blue jeans, black jeans, green jeans, black shorts, denim skirt and white jeans with a jacket ! well thats makes 6 outfits straight ! 

But to be able to do this, you need to have some key pieces of garments in your wardrobe. Here is a list out of which I think 80% we all would already have :D 


  • Awesome fit blue denims . Of course EVERYONE has it !
  • Awesome fit white denims . Trust me works well in office and outside both ! 
  • A pretty white top . It has to be white (not cream, not off white) and yes, it doesn't necessarily need to be a shirt. My rule is I should be able to wear it to office as well as a dinner.
  • A pretty black top. My rule is I should be able to wear it to office as well as a dinner.
  • A pair of black pumps or peep toes or wedges . It will transform any outfit instantly !
  • A pair of n*de pumps or peep toes or wedges. Absolutely needed for dark or monotone outfiits.
  • 1 dress. Color or print doesn't matter. It should be absolutely form flattering. 
  • A colored blazer. What color ? the one that flatters you the most hon ! 


Complete your look with bags , belts or scarves that match your shoes and your sorted !
Once the basics are in place .. shop your way around them and you'll never be bored of your wardrobe :D 

So do you have it all ? 

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment