Monday, January 27, 2014

Be Jeweled !!

Honestly,

we all say Gold and Diamonds are assets .. But how many of us have even seen them getting sold like EVER ! Even when we do buy gold jewelry , we stick to wearable pieces . So what about the heavy maang teekas and earrings we need to flaunt at friends' weddings ??
We buy imitations !!
And if imitation is too LS for us , we improvise and buy silver and get it gold plated ! Female is the more intelligent gender anyways (I am so dead for saying this :p )

I recently came across a few recommendations and I just cant wait to show them to you !



1. http://www.artkarat.com/main/default.aspx
This is the site that inspired me to write this post ! I LOVE the stuff on their website and keep going back to look at it . Most of the jewelry on this site is made of silver plated with 22K gold. They use authentic gemstones or semi precious stones. Its slightly on the pricier side, but then precious doesn't come cheap guys !! 
Here are my Favorite most pieces :)

I think the model is perfect to showcase Indian ethnic jewelry !!


2. http://www.perniaspopupshop.com/accessories
Our good old Pernia's popup shop too has some really unique statement jewelry to offer as well. Most of it is 18K gold plating , however you will find some pieces in the Eina Ahluwalia collection that are 22K plated.
Since these are statement pieces, they are best worn without any other jewelry so the limelight is not stolen from them !!

I absolutely adore ear cuffs (I had one 10 yrs back and I still miss it ! ) . I am super glad that they are back in fashion :D :D
Those who know me, also know my love for HUGE rings !! Here are some stunners to feast your eyes on :


The last piece of jewelry in the bottom row is called 'third eye' . Actually its a jhoomar (the one Malaika Arora forgot in the anarkali song ! lol !!) and I am thinking that it can even be doubled up as the thing moms tuck on the sides of their sarees. Something like this one below. Sorry I could not find a better picture , but you get the idea right ?


Are you wondering what to "surprise gift" me ? Well.. I accept anything that's gifted with love and of course I don't like expensive gifts but I will not say no to the Manish Arora mirror ring or the raam leela earrings from Art Karat :D lol !!

If you too loved something, lemme know in the comments :D

Keep shining ,

xoxo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment