Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Best Friend's Wedding !! - Part 4

Hello Pretty Ones !

I know I promised 3 parts to this series and I have covered the standard stuff in Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, but there is so much variety and too many options that I felt that this wedding wear series would be incomplete without a Part 4 !
And I am sure no one is complaining !! :D

In an attempt to make the saree concept more interesting, few variations have been introduced - Half and Half saree and Pre draped saree or saree gowns ! Both look modern and yet appeal to the traditional events.



Half n Half sarees
South Indian style half saree + the regular saree = Half n Half saree !
The result of this equation created by our fashion mathematicians is stunning and brings a new flavor to our traditional Indian drape .. However, I have not seen too many fans of this patterns and its only considered a fad (fashion about to die is what I think fad stands for ! ) . Only Sabyasachi has been able to do justice to this trend and some celebrities have rocked his half and half creations ! me ? not such a huge fan frankly ..

Usually half n half sarees have a different color for the pallu , and mostly its also a different fabric . check it out right here :

 

The first 2 are Sabyasachi creations and hence are rich in fabric and shimmer and work and everything else possible ! The second two are Manish Malhotra ones, dreamy and breazy and light .
I feel half and half sarees work the best when you have the second half , thats the pallu, in a sheer colorless fabric.. like the second pic and fourth pic .. totally personal opinion though !

Saree gowns
Another equation : Gowns +  Sarees = saree gowns !
Not very popular in India because I think it needs a lot of custom fitting, this is mainly restricted to the celebrities (not many though ) . Its a pre draped gown that looks like a saree because it has a few pleats and a pallu .
I am open to trying one out before I give my verdict :p The plus point is that it does take away the pain of pleating a saree (its a huge plus point actually ! )
Shilpa Shetty and Dipika Padukone seem to love this trend and I guess that's what it takes to rock this outfit - you need to be super tall and super slim !
Kajol tried this and failed miserably :(
 














The red one above is available at Pernia's pop up shop . I like the royal blue one in the first row because its clinched at the waist with a shimmer belt.. The golden one (third one) is very Cleopatra-ish .. :D

Something Different ?
I promise these absolutely unique and creative designs will blow your mind off .. they blew mine !!!
Both are Eveva Love creations and this store is fast becoming my favorite most for unique pieces :D :D :D

 

I havent reduced these image sizes because they need to be admired for their sheer brilliance ! A petal fold salwar and an ethnic jumpsuit ???? Any time ! These are absolutely cool outfit options for a mehendi function :D

So here is where I sign off leaving you dreaming about all the gorgeous outfits in this four part "wedding wear" series ..

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment