Monday, January 20, 2014

Valentine's gifts for 'Her'

Yes I am not biased. If I gave you girls ideas about what gifts you can give ur guy on V day, then I'll also ensure the guys get some ideas about what to buy the girl !

Contrary to what men think, we girls are very easy to read. Any guy who is even 30% into you can easily tell what will light up your face ! There are probably 10 kinds of categories for girls but trust me 8 of those  10 categories still will be happy with the standard 'gifts for girls' :D Easy right ??

So what are the usual gifts for girls ? Chocolates , flowers and cards belong to the default category. The usual gifts would be jewelry, dress, shoes, bags, electronics, vacations, watch ... yeah, pretty much around this.

You can still do all this and yet add a personal touch to it or make sure its unique. The best thing would be to see subtle hints (girls do drop them you know ! ) and try and make that happen !



1. If your girl is a lot into statement jewelry (I am ! ) then try this :

This is an earring with original hand painted Shiv Parvati on handmade Sanganari paper set in silver with peacock motif !! Have you seen this before ? 
Or there is this RadhaKrishna ring !


Both of these and some more stunning pieces are available on https://www.tribebyamrapali.com/

Or you can go the tried and tested route of buying rings with love messages inscribed inside. Beaten to  death I know, but works all the time !!

2. If your girl is into bags (me? not so much ) then you would by now already know her favorite brand or color ! Lot of designer bags are available online for discounted prices. Play safe and buy an 'occasion wear' bag like a studded black or shimmery gold or sparkling silver clutch (never goes wrong) . For naive guys, clutches are those small bags you see and think to yourself "what the hell fits in it ??? " . yep, those ones.


I saw some lovely ones in Kimaya store at Delhi airport . They dont have accessories on their online website :( Also, http://uk.accessorize.com/ has a very cute evening bag collection . They also have a similar website for US so dont worry ! and there are many many more :D


3. If your girl is into shoes (I am not just into shoes, I am MAD about them!! ), I suggest you take her shopping !! because frankly shoes are a bit tricky. I am sure you dont wanna hear "honey! I love it .. but .. its not my shade of n*de !!! " I know 80% of guys would be totally unaware that there is a color called n*de (this is an informative blog after all !! ) . So unless  you remember her swooning over a particular pair of shoes online or  in a store recently, its safe to let her choose. My smarty at home did this ! he took me out shoe shopping and even made some suggestions (I almost fainted at the sight you know !) and when I loved something , he promptly made the payment and we came back home a happy duo  :D :D 

4. If your girl is into gadgets , you can never go wrong with pink iPods or studded iPad sleeves or a personalized phone or tablet cover ! I was once asked "Do you like Movies or music ? " and I was like what ??? and imagine my surprise when I got a cute lil iPod nano for music and a DvD player for movies !! Yes, my mouth did make a lil :-o too :D hehehe 
e.g. this iPad cover by Manish Arora made me wanna BUY an iPad !!
or you can also try cute lil pen drives or an embellished pen and pencil set like this one from vera bradley



 If you dont wanna buy anything off the shelf and wanna really put in your thoughts into the gift ... you are free to use your imagination ! lol :D Just to give you a hint, I once got an album titled "36 reasons y I love you" and needless to  say it had 36 pics with a reason each ! blush blush :) :) :) 

Btw , girls if you are trying to drop hints and the guy seems to be the one for explicit hints, try tiffany. I love their "drop a hint' feature !! if you like something, they will send a mail to the guy suggesting him to buy that as a gift !! hehehe :D how convenient ! and when you do get it , all you have to do it is jump with joy and say "awww how did you know honey !!! " hahahaha The world is not fair !

Stay smiling and expect more in this department soon !

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment