Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Best Friend's Wedding !! - Part 2

Hello Again !

In case you have not been able to select anything from lehengas and lehenga sarees in Part 1 of this series because they are either too heavy or too much for you , you could always go the tried and tested anarkali route :)

There are literally TONS of options available in terms of colors, fabric and patterns and one is absolutely spoiled for choices.. Chandni chowk in Delhi has a dedicated market to anarkalis and salwar kameezes !! Such importance :D



3. Anarkalis
Done to death and still very much around ! If the wedding is not some one very close one's, then its safe to wear an anarkali or a regular churidar. There is a funny incident actually .. It was my dad's boss's son's reception and we were invited. Another colleague's daughter had come too and she wore a beautiful coral lehenga and so many people kept congratulating her during dinner ! lol !! I am sure she was dying to change into something simple ... So , be the bride's friend , not the bride !

Best thing about anarkali's is that you can choose a length that suits your height. If you are on the shorter side, a floor length anarkali will elongate your height .. if you are already tall, keep the anarkali just below your knees or just above your ankles ... Again, dont compromise on the flare (yeah I am obsessed with it !)

Some options in floor length anarkalis ..

 

 

Ankle length or knee length options !
 

I have my eyes on the pink suneet verma anarkali (the right one) since a long time now .. its an old design but I love it never the less for the fresh bright pinks...
Also, I feel if we are going for floor length anarkalis, we should go sleeveless as there is too much fabric already .. and if you do wanna have sleeves, please try and have a lot of area in the back and sleeves semi transparent (with net or lace) . Like these ones here may be ..

 

I dont particularly like the colors in the grey and pink anarkali, but I like how the lace back and sleeves are giving the outfit a halter look ! and the other one... yeah um drooling at the flare ! but you please concentrate at the back .. how gorgeous is it ! so, get the idea ?

4. Patiala !
Not the peg silly .. but the punjabi patiala salwar in silk ! remember kareena in 'tooh' song ?? or Anushka Sharma in BBB?? yeah .. like that !
 

I am not so much of a patiala person really but it does look very pretty on some girls. If I do wear one ever, I would like the side slits closed please :D Needless to say, the colors need to be bright and the fabrics need to be rich.. no cottons and no satins please .. and I would say, stay sleeveless on this one and match with heavily embellished juttis and potli bags!

Next are sarees but there are just too many options in them so I had to dedicate a whole post !! .. Check it out right here !

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment