Monday, February 24, 2014

Bag that Bag !! Part 1

Hello People !

Before you jump to conclusions, lemme clarify that its not an advertisement for a sister concern of 'Baggit' bags , instead this post is here because of a very serious issue. Read on to know ..
Yesterday evening we were going out for dinner and I casually mentioned that I needed a black evening clutch and I looked up to see the guy staring at me with a Big question mark on his face !! So I generously explained that its a bag thats supposed to be carried  for evening dinners and parties .. and I was promptly pointed out to the rack that has 5 bags on it - "you have all the bags in the world !! " and I realized, may be its time the world knows the kinds of bags and why do we need so many of them !!

Ladies, show this to your guy and you'll thank me later :D



So here we start :

1. Handbags/Shoulder bags
Like they say, always start with the basics. A hand bag is the basic of all bags.. Women have had handbags even before since they have known fashion (you can quote me on this ! ).
So handbags or shoulder bags are those stiff handled bags that women hold either on their arms or on their shoulders .. like the pink and white bow one goes on the arm and the LV goes on the shoulder (you can carry both on the arm if you want.. no one will make you stand on a bench for it :p )
 


2. Hobos
 




A picture speaks a thousand words - so as u can see, hobo is this bucket shape bag . Its pretty versatile and works from college to casual lunch to office, depending on the fabric and design of course. Very Common pattern I say ..

3. Totes
Briefcase kinda bags .. usually used for shopping or while travelling. And since we girls do shop and travel a lot, we obviously need a Tote !!! I want the pink Micheal Kors please :D
Michael Kors has tons of them !
 


4. Clutch Bags
As the name suggests, its a bag thats 'clutch'ed in your hands for its life ! Lol !! This has been in fashion since quite some time now , just that it keeps getting more fashionable ! Here are the currently reigning three varieties :

Envelope clutch
This is the latest. Picture a cute envelope , held in hand like a bag or sometimes tucked under your arm. And if you can not picture this, you can simply have a look at these ones :p (I think the yellow one just sent me a private message that it wants to come home with me !! ) . These clutches are just purrfect for those movie dates or fashionable high teas :)
Here are 2 of  my most favorites !






Oversized Clutch
Now these ones are reallly big and from the looks of it, pretty uncomfortable as a clutch, I feel . I guess its one of those fads again .. I would say 'no thank you' to these .. but just in case you do fancy them, here is one..

I mean, if its that big , ofcourse you would want to stuff it with stuff and then wont your hands hurt of holding such a heavy bag ? .. and if you are not supposed to put much stuff in there , then why carry such a big bag ??? Of course fashion has logic .. some times! :p 


Evening clutch
A tiny shiny thing meant exclusively for dinners and parties. It has to be small and it has to be sequined or metallic or embroidered or embellished or whatever it takes to make it look jazzy .. Hold it in your hand or sling it over your shoulder with a delicate metal chain. A must have for all !





Since there are too many bags.. read on Part 2 of Bagology to know more about the most important accessory or just to feast your eyes !

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment