Saturday, February 22, 2014

Two Timers !!

Hi There !

There was a time when two timing was a taboo .. Any body two timing was considered bad, heartless, mean and would be publicly ridiculed... Thats still true , just not in the make up world !!  (Did you really think I was gonna write a post on two timers and all that heavy stuff ?? naaah .. )

Yes, in the world of makeup , two timing products are a must have and very sought after !! Just imagine, how convenient it would be to dab some thing on ur lips, on ur cheeks and may be even on ur eye lids ! how light your travel bag would be ?? And its definitely a must for "carry all" people like me :o Actually previously I did not feel too bad about carrying too much makeup with me, but when I wrote it down, word by word in my previous post about Big Bear, I realized how dumb I was :p
But now that I have been introduced to these smart little babies.. my makeup bag will be light as a feather !



1. Clinique moisture surge CC cream
If you go to Clinique website and look for this product, you'll see that its listed under 'multi-taskers' and rightly so ! This 1 product is your moisturizer, sun screen, color corrector, light coverage foundation and even primer !  So if you needed 20 minutes to slather on all the above earlier while eating breakfast and combing hair and checking your watch every 30 seconds as part of your "getting ready for office" regime, you will need only 3 minutes now !
Must have for late risers who almost always make a mad rush to office !
And the best thing is that men can use it too !! Though i'll have to move mountains to convince mine to even touch it :p

2. Lip and Cheek Stains
I was in college when I bought my first ever lipstick.. It was a total disaster (I went with dad .. what else do u expect ! ) .. it was this silvery shiney thing which looked pretty in the case and I had not heard of swatching then .. so obviously I cudnt use it on my lips and I cudnt throw it either ..so I improvised and started using it has an eye shadow and sometimes has a highligher blush .. A makeup maker saw me doing that and came up with a multi tasking product called "lip and cheek stain" and never thanked me for it !! huh ..

Anyways ..
So , For emergencies and during travel .. this 2 in 1 product is a blessing coz it can be turned into a 3 in 1 too :D
Use this to color ur lips, cheeks and sometimes ur eyelids .. if nothing else, it will impart a rosy glow to the face !
 

Try out Bobby Brown Pot Rough for lip and cheeks OR The Body Shop lip and cheek stain OR Stila Convertible Color

3. Almond Oil
Good old almond oil with umpteen benefits ... shampoo hair and use this as a serum. Works as a night cream. Great as a make up remover. Works as  a lip balm. and probably ten thousand more uses .. must have in your tavel kit !


4. loose powder
While most of us use it to set our makeup, loose powder can also double up as a mattifying agent for your lipsticks ! Lots of makeup artists use this to catch fall outs while applying eye shadows and if thats not enough, you can use it as is when your skin is at its best and doesnt need any of that heavy foundation coverage !
For me, thats enough for loose powder to qualify as a multi-tasker :D


5. lip balm
Lots of times, when I am not using an eye shadow but I still want a slight gloss on my eye lids , I dab some lip balm (I have tried Lotus and it looks very good if u dont have dark circles ! )
Other times, this can go on cheeks to give a little bit of shine when you have run out of a blush at the 11th hour ! and ofcourse .. since its a lip balm - it will condition lips and give them a faint color if its tinted :)

pssst .. use strawberry or raspberry for best results !



Um sure you too would have, sometime in your life, used a product for more than what its intended to do .. lemme know here !

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment