Sunday, February 16, 2014

Biggg Bear !

Hello People !!

Now that the V Day frenzy has died out and most of us would be savoring our weekend before starting over with our regular lives , until the next distraction.. I thought of sharing some details of this very beautiful and very scenic place that I went to this weekend - The Big Bear mountain .

There are 2 kind of people - ones who travel light and ones who carry their whole world with them ! No prizes for guessing that I belong to the second category :p I carry every possible thing, outfits for impossible events etc etc etc .. I have a lot of 'just in case' stuff in my travel bag ..
So on this short 3 day trip I carried - a saree, just in case a fine dining romantic date happens; 2 dresses, just in case we go clubbing errrr, every night :p; 2 jeans, just in case one gets ruined; lots of tshirts coz tshirts always come handy . a pair of sports shoes, a pair of high heels, a pair of flats.. and ofcourse , accessories and tons of makeup :p
BAD IDEA !!



When we started off, it was very hot where I live , but it was going to be very cold where we were going . So I decided to layer it up with light clothes for an easy transition from hot to cold weather.

Black jeans - vero moda
black n white top - mango
layered it with a black tank
It was a pleasant weather with the sun and cool breeze , so out came my sunnies too :D These ones were picked on a whim from Jack n Jones .. (did i mention i carried 3 pairs of sunglasses , just in case u know :p )

Californians usually head to Big Bear for the snow that they never see otherwise. There are lot of activities here around snow , like snow tubing, snow boarding, skiing etc
you can opt for 2 - 4 hr beginners classes, pick up the equipment on rent and enjoy ! Although u will need  a lot of hot water to relax your muscles later on :p

here is a weird pic of me trying to bully the instructor with "its ur fault that um falling so much !!" .. I wore a usual non suspecting jeans, tshirt, jacket, sports shoes, watch and shades .. non of them are recommended :(
hello !! it was my first time and I didnt know this ok ..

Wear waterproof pants. wear not-so-expensive shades. skip the watch. u can wear a jacket if its cold, but its not needed really... i took mine off after a while ... u can wear what ever shoes u like coz u cant wear them to the snow anyways :p u'll have to wear the special ones that get strapped onto the board.

all in all... super fun activity .. u will fall, u will hurt but I promise, you will enjoy !!

check out instagram for more pics !
some of my frenz din really go out for a holiday, but their valetines more than made up for it with gifts like Mac Book Pro Ret and diamond rings !!!
At the end of it, you should be happy with each other and do things that your guy/girl will appreciate <3

and at that cheesy note, will end this post. Do tell me ur V day story !

xoxo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment