Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Would You Try This ?

Hello lovely people !!

Do you like watching fashion shows ? I LOVE them !! The ramp, the lights, glitzy shimmery clothes, beautiful tall models, music .. the whole experience is thrilling ! But some times you see a few clothes or bizarre makeup or ridiculous props and you wonder "who would ever wear that ???"  Has it happened to you ?

but then,  there are things you see that look impractical but doable .. like a saree with pants ! I know if I wear it to any of my family functions, I would be looked at from top to bottom and some audacious aunty might even hold my arm and twirl me around to see the whole outfit properly and then give that disapproving 'tch tch tch'  and I would be promptly made to change!
Thankfully I am too smart to wear it to my family function !! I would rather wear it to a cocktail event at my friends' .. right ?




Point is , if you like it, u'll figure out ways and places to experiment . plain and simple. Here are some trends I came across while I was on my routine research (since I started this blog, internet surfing is called research :p ) . Yes they are bold and quirky , but they wont fetch you world criticism like a meat dress would !


1. 2 toned lips
This is on my to do list ! My gurl frenz are planning a trip to Miami and if I happen to make it to that trip, 2 toned lips are coming with me for sure ! and I can already picture the whole gang in 2 toned lips - pouting for a group click !!

2. Stick on nails
Now this is a fairly old trend but since I havnt given it a shot yet because of all the horror stories about the pain of removing the glue , I am including this in this list here . They are pretty, no doubts about that but I am not sure about the convenience factor yet. Have you tried this yet ?? Would you give this a thumbs up or thumbs down ?



3. Pop color sun glasses
Actually I dont mind clear glass, pop color framed reading glasses too . I do own a decent number of sun glasses but they all happen to be the standard black, gold or grey rims. This summer, I would wanna give colored or printed frames a shot . I saved this pic for a sample, but now I want exactly these !


4. Saree gown ?
Yeah so saree with pants was a bad idea, but since saree gown is not all that out of the "ethnic" class, it might still be accepted. Its a good pick if you wanna stand out in the sea of sarees and lehengas and lehenga like anarkalis at a wedding .. and for "non saree people" like me, this is super convenient !


5. Transparent shoes
Now thats something very Cinderella-esque .. I think I saw the prince carry the transparent shoe all over the place in some Cinderella animation movie . If you have 'good looking' feet, paint your toes in a bright shade and trot in these !

6.  Shoulder  Jewelry
I think eventually, we would come back to the olden and golden era of girls being in skimpy clothes and loads of jewelry ! We already have to struggle to buy jewelry for our hair, head, ears, nose, neck, arms, hands, fingers, waist, ankles, toes and even navel .. and now shoulders  !! who is gonna pay for it all huh ?
but the optimist me says , these will rock a strapless dress !! hahahaha :D

Comment on this post if you have ever tried any of these and if not, then what is the one thing out of these that you will try for sure, someday .. somewhere.
And are there any other such trends that you wanna try but are too conscious about it ?
lemme know right here !!

xoxo :)

2 comments:

  1. I gave up stick on nails two years ago. They look amazing if you do it right, but create havoc for your natural nails.

    I want to try the transparent shoes trend though. As soon as the winters end and I can go get a pedicure :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for saving my money Rhea !!!! I do own a pair of sort - of transparent shoes from Steve Madden and they look lovely ! u shud totally go for them in Summers :D

      Delete