Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Best Friend's Wedding !! - Part 3

Hi There !

If you are on this post, it means that you did not find your love in Part 1 and Part 2 and that saree is your eternal calling and you are as much in love with the six yards as I am .... or just because you like to know it all before you finally take your pick :p

Whatever it is, I am not judging coz sarees are too tempting to not be checked out !




5. Sarees
The evergreen and omnipresent 6 yards of pure grace and sensuality ! Every girl is a saree lover (if you think you are not, you will be some day !)
Saree has evolved and how ! Its still the most pretty and versatile piece of garment anyone can own and I think it will continue to do so forever :D
I love net, chiffon, lace and georgette sarees (they HAVE to be semi sheer for me ! ) since I am on the heavier side and they dont make me look bulky.. The experts say that if you are petite (short and thin) , you should go for heavier fabrics like silk and cotton .. I disagree ! Chiffon looks good on everyone :D
I would wear a chiffon saree with multiple thin borders and a waist belt ! (just the imagination is making me want to attend a wedding !! )
best part about a saree is how experimental you can get with drape and blouse !

Sarees for morning functions should be light and romantic , yet occasion wear . Go for light fabrics, light colors and little work on the borders..
 


A cut work border can pretty up any plain pastel saree for a day event .. If you are on the fairer side, opt for a lemon yellow french chiffon saree with gold or fuchsia blouse. I love the border and light lace work on the third saree and I can already imagine wearing this with lots of red bangles and a huge golden maang teeka .. I want I want I want !
And I can wear Karisma's white Manish Malhotra saree in a heartbeat ! Its so subtle and classy !! Its so not me but I so love it !!!!

Sarees for evening functions would look nice in jewel tones and with heavier work.. I always ensure that I have gold in the outfit somewhere , as it really amps up the whole festive look and is easy to accessorize  !
I absolutely adore Bipasha;s purple and fuchsia saree coz the colors are so weddingy .. and the yellow saree with gold blouse is something I have looked at over and over again (though yellow is not my thing ! ) because of the yellow and gold combo I think .. never the less, the effect is cool !
 

Lastly, try and go for unusual colors and patterns to stand out in the sea of pretty ladies :D But do keep in mind your complexion and the time of the event for maximum impact!
Gimmi that grass green saree ANY time !! Its such a pretty color for a day function .. absolutely fresh !
 


 

Now we all know that a blouse can make or break the look of a saree .. literally ! Wear a very expensive and pretty saree with an ill fitting blouse and all that money goes down the drain :( When we go to get a blouse stitched, we always check the tailors/designers catalog and end up with "U neck bhaiyya ji, back deep rakhna ! " .. am i wrong ?? Time to change that and here are some stunning options ! (find the right tailor ladies .. and no I dont know any :( )

 
 
Did you notice Diya Mirza ?? Its an old pic again but I have not been able to get over it because of the blouse ! I wont say its gorgeous coz thats an understatement !! Have a closer look :

Needless to say , keep  your under skirts satiny and not cottony :p and keep ur heels super high !

Check out 'Half Sarees' and 'Saree Gowns' and 2 surprise outfits in the next post right here !!

xoxo :)







No comments:

Post a Comment