Thursday, February 27, 2014

All that you ever dreamed of...


Have you ever wondered, how every site that you open these days , first thrusts upon your face the "sign in with your email id" form ??? Annoying as it is, its very helpful for business and of course I realized that when I started this blog .. 
Considering the amount of net surfing I inflict upon my data plan, I obviously have tons of subscriptions by now.. one such is Limeroad.com . Though frankly, I must have barely opened 2 of their emails in the past year or so.. but the email I got 5 minutes back really got me interested and made me start writing this post (otherwise it was going to be a no post day today as I was in a total drab mood) ...

The subject of the email is "Rashmi get all that you ever dreamed of " . (Ironically and bcoz I was in a bad mood, I was reflecting upon my life and my dreams and stuff coz I get very philosophical when um low, which you would have already guessed by now considering how this post is turning out to be :-|) So when I read the subject line, my heart skipped a beat thinking what if this email really has the answer to all that I ever dreamt of ? Or what if I open it and find that its full of non sense that either I'l never need or I'll never get .. and, I still haven't opened that email. Because somewhere in my heart I really want that email to have everything that I ever dreamed of .. but in my heart I also know that there is no way in the world that Limeroad knows what I dream of !!! 

So I am going to 1.2.3 and open that email (we all do that !! ) and tell you all whether it really had what would make me happy.

1

2

3

I have opened the email and it has nothing that can get me a better or happier life , nothing that can make my life feel fulfilled .. but it does have stuff that girls think will make them happy , when they have everything else in the world :)
Here is a part of it ..

So this email had a big "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" banner at the top and 4 points (4 ways to shop) under that. After reading the email I learned that
1. Cute dresses and top will give me a healthy dose of breezy chic
2. the perfect kurta can do no wrong
3. girls can never have too many bags
4. my jewellery drawer is going to be happy coz its going to be filled to the brim 

All in all a total bummer. The subject line had my hopes soaring really high and the content seemed too petty in comparison that I did not even feel like clicking the fuchsia "Shop Now" buttons under each of those 4 points in the email . 

But just so you know, Limeroad is a "social commerce" site (that's in fashion, e commerce was last generation) where you can share and shop ( I usually shop and then share :p ).

 
It delivers for free anywhere in India is what i believe they mentioned on the website .. and I dont think they deliver abroad yet .. 

One advise to Limeraod - please work harder on decoding my dreams guys!! 

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment