Saturday, February 1, 2014

The little white dress !

Hello girls !!

We all own the 'LBD' (Little Black dress) and frankly I feel its a little over hyped. I mean ya - black is a party color but dont the other colors look just as pretty ? if not better .. 

So though I do own a couple of LBDs , I love LWDs as well just because they can be styled in a hundred ways !! I mean not literally hundred ways but about 5 ways at least :p The basic of styling a white dress is - add color . 


1. Colorful baubles : 
Wear a white dress with lots of colored bangles or a colorful statement necklace or bright danglers and a hairband.. or a multi color bandana .. use your imagination !!

You can use a solid bright color to accessorize or a riot of colors .. your choice :)


Ignore my good looks and notice the colorful bangles :p :D :D and also, please do not use all accents together ! 

2. Color Shoes :
Keep your dress plain, add color shoes and a matching clutch ! I absolutely love pippa middleton's white n red combination here ...

 


3. Color Jacket/Cardigan/Coat :
Jazz up a white dress with a bright color jacket or a cardigan. You can match your shoes to the jacket or keep them neutral. me ? I would keep the shoes neutral and let the jacket show up bright !

 

4. Colored tights :
A very funky way to add a pop of color is to wear very colorful tights with your white dress. You can make it fun with a pair of bright tights or tone it down with neutrals like grey or black . Works well either ways ! Also, this way you can wear your summary frock in mild cold weather in the Spring too !!
 

5. Sparkle in silver :
I feel silver accents totally compliment white !! I love to pair a white kurta with silver bangles or silver jhumkis or a white dress with silver necklace and bracelets.. So if you want to take your LWD to a special event .. dress it up with sparkly silver belt and lots of stacked bracelets and a pair of silver studs !
 

A tip : buy a white dress that's easy to dress up or tone down. A sequined tulle prom dress can never be toned down! 

Hope this post helps you get 1 step closer in getting Spring ready !!

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment