Monday, February 17, 2014

My Best Friend's Wedding !! - Part 1

Hello Darlings !

Its a season of festivities in India and everything is pretty, just the way we like it !! One of my closest friend's sister is getting married and as usual, everyone is confused about "what to wear !!" And its only fair since there are sooo many beautiful options available in the market today and too many functions to attend... nope, no one is complaining :p

So my friend asked me if I could do a post on wedding wear (yes of course you can ask me to do a post on any topic !! ) to clear some confusion .. and so here it is !
Actually I started writing out a single post but there were so many options that it actually ran into a series of THREE posts !!! We women do rule the markets :D

Lets look at what options we do have and how can we customize them !

1. Lehenga Saree
This is my favorite outfit as it brings out the best of both worlds in one outfit ! You can go for the standard lehenga sarees or add a little more detail like this one from Sabyasachi . Notice those extra small kalis at the hem.. makes it look like dipika is walking on clouds :D:D:D
 

I am in LOVE with this white lehenga saree by Sabya !! What makes it really stand out is the extra detailing in the flare of the lehenga .. I am sure lots of stores in Chandni Chowk, Delhi are already selling replicas of these.
Or else there are other standard lehenga sarees too ..ones with kalis just in the front and the ones with kalis all around .
 

Those who know me know that NO post is complete without the pink lehenga saree .. I dream of it every day !



2. Lehengaaaaah !!
Thats how I spell lehenga .. it makes me go aaaah with joy !! :D :D Seriously ! Nothing flatters more than a well fit full flare lehenga .. Steer clear away from those narrow peticoat types .. absolutely hate them ! These days silk and chanderi lehengas are really in vogue because net has been over done I think .. Raw silk lehengas look very classy and need very little embellishments as they shine on their own . Next in line are velvet lehengas with paneled embroidery , a la Manish Malhotra :D Have a look !
Please keep the colors bright though !

 

 

My personal favorites are chanderi silk lehengas because they have those small subtle gold coins on the fabric :D The first 2 images in top row are chanderi silk lehengas and second 2 are velvets.
The first 2 lehengas in bottom row are raw silk lehengas and the last one is a velvet lehenga too .

If you are going for the light net, chiffon or georgette lehengas, try and pair them with silk cholis or velvet corsets for a regal effect. Like these ones here : shimmer brocade choli and pink velvet corset.
 














or experiment with unusual silhouettes or cholis .. like this Atsu lehenga or this one shouldered choli which has been covered with dupatta on the other shoulder .




Check out Part 2 for Anarkalis and Salwar Kameez options and Part 3 for Saree options !

xoxo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment